Tuesday 22 November 2011

Modernized Church

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-15811721

With the help of light shows and live music, a church in Nottingham, UK has seen a dramatic increase in attendance. Instead of a regular altar/congregation layout, the church has one main stage with concert-style seating. One way to describe the motivation behind this modern approach is that "church is about the people, not the building," as said by Debby Wright, who founded the church with her husband John Wright in 1996. I consider myself an agnostic atheist; however, if I were religious I would strongly support this idea! Do you think this is good for the Church? Is it appropriate? This is more of an open ended post, I want to see what everyone thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment